My MobShare

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Experiments with Torque


Torque Technology Solutions is the first and only Technology Incubated Company in Kerala. I am proud to be a part of it. We have a tremendous leadership from our CEO Mr. Sanjay V, who is still doing his graduation in CET, and our CTO Mr. Kenney Jacob ,the Bank of new Ideas.

I came here in 2007 January. I joined Torque as a trainee and everyone here were friends for me. On the first day itself Sanil (Team Lead- Mobile Apps.) . He found his new prey in Me....Told me to work in J2ME....I still remember that text message from him on that evening , "Need to do some J2ME projects. Brush up J2ME ...ok". This was the complete text. I wondered .He was talking like I did some projects in J2ME. I dint even know how to write a single code in J2ME.

I went back home for more than one week for some personal reasons. And when I came back...Sanil took me to their office in Technopark and there was only some tables and two project trainees. I found my seat on the back side corner. I had a laptop with me which I took from my girl friend. I started browsing for some works and tutorials in J2ME.

By the time Sanil has given me a project. For me it was challenging. I tried to get the desired output for it.. Worked with that more than a couple of weeks. And finally I changed the expected output to the actual output. and paused that work

And I continued my research in J2ME...and days gone and was boring routine. And the CTO has found some interesting work for me. and Finally it took more than 3 weeks to complete that. I did it. Finally due to that work, i was recognized by everyone here.

Then I got some good works from the management team and I completed those. And started considering me as someone among them and finally started paying me. And I felt like jumping into more responsibilities and I started enjoying the work.

But I never felt that I am working. Just doing something which gives me satisfaction and something to live. May be because the Technical guys here are my friends. But I don't think so.cos the new people joined here also has the same opinion.

Anyways I hope I have some good future in this Company.

1 comment:

Sanil said...

I guided him while i am in his college, that was some java project, so i am sure one with a bit knowledge in java is enough to do projects in j2me. And he had participated in his final year which have some j2me presence. Thats why i told him to brush up the same. And it was very appreciating that he started and dugging up it very fast.